International Organization of Folk Art [FR]
Comité international des arts et traditions populaires
Organización Internacional del Arte Popular
Internationale Organisation für Volkskunst (IOV)
Mezdunarodnaja Organizacija po Narodnomu Tvorcestvu
Dados cartográficos ©2011 –
Termos de UsoMapa
MapaSatéliteHíbridoTerrenoMain address: SG: Hans J Holz, Sportplatzstrasse 10, A-4770, Andorf, Austria, Tel: (43 7766) 41080, Fax: (43 7766) 41080, E-mail: office (at) iov.at
Promote worldwide folk art and folk culture in the field of organizing and science, cultivate it purely, maintain and sensibly pass it on thus contributing to international understanding and to world peace.
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)* (Operational Relations).
Conferences, working meetings, scientific symposia; scientific publications and publications on the experiences in practical work in the field; international events such as lectures, exhibitions and tours; organization and promotion of international exchanges between folk art groups and ensembles worldwide; scheduling and supporting of international folklore festivals with emphasis on dancing, folk music, folk songs, folk art.
Cultural Heritage of All Nations of the World – series (2 a year). Series of videos on authentic folk dancing in all the world’s nations /4 cassettes per year/; series of music cassettes on folk songs and folk music of all countries of the world; proceedings.
Individual and corporate members in 122 countries and territories:
• Algeria, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, United Republic of Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia.
• Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Belize, Bolivia (Plurinational State of), Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe*, Guatemala, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Lucia, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, United States of America, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of).
• Afghanistan, Bahrain, China, India, Indonesia, Iran – Islamic Republic of, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Republic of Korea, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Syrian Arab Republic, Thailand, Timor-Leste, United Arab Emirates.
• Australia, Fiji, Micronesia (Federated States of), New Caledonia*, New Zealand, Northern Mariana Is*, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Polynesia Fr*, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Wallis-Futuna*.
• Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Faroes, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein*, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia-Montenegro*, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Members also in the former USSR; countries not specified.